Building from the ground up
I think that strategy will be vital towards rebooting my brand and it is very easily overlooked.
I think the essence of my brand needs to be completely fluid, even if it means making some tough decisions. I believe consistency is the key and I think the decisions I need to make will become more clear once I start asking the right questions.
I need to find the problem to solve with my brand, I’ve got a lot of interesting ideas but it’s extremely difficult to filter out which ones will be future proof and overall beneficial towards the brand.
Brand Strategy Key Concepts & Steps
Before you begin
Before working on your brand strategy, make sure you’ve identified your competitive positioning strategy – your brand strategy will bring it to life.
If you have a brand strategy, make sure it’s as effective as possible
- Poll your customers, employees and vendors by conducting a brand audit. Are their impressions consistent with your strategy? If not, work on the elements you can improve.
Develop your brand around emotional benefits
- List the features and benefits of your
product / service. A feature is an attribute – a color, a configuration; a benefit is what that feature does for the customer.
- Determine which benefits are most important to each of your customer segments.
- Identify which benefits are emotional – the most powerful brand strategies tap into emotions, even among business buyers.
- Look at the emotional benefits and boil them down to one thing that your customers should think of when they think of you. That’s what your brand should represent.
Define your brand personality, story and positioning statements
- Think of your brand as a person with a distinct personality. Describe him or her, then convey these brand personality traits in everything you do and create.
- Write positioning statements and a story about your brand; use this brand messaging throughout your company materials.
, fonts and other visual elements that match your personality and create your corporate identity. colors
- Determine how your employees will interact with prospects and customers to convey the personality and make sure your brand “lives” within your company.
After Brand Strategy
Together with your competitive positioning strategy, your brand strategy is the essence of what you represent. A great brand strategy helps you communicate more effectively with your market, so follow it in every interaction you have with your prospects and customers.
If you’re wondering how to choose a great brand name, complete your written brand strategy before you start the naming process. Since your name is an extension of your brand, it’ll be much easier to evaluate the quality of your name choices (instead of starting with the name) with it completed.
Check out our comprehensive brand strategy planning tools if you’d like guidance.